Pages

5 Inescapable Expositions of Music

GvSparx take thee Music to my Life, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I plight thee my troth.

Every love story begins with "Every night in my dreams I see you I feel you". 
The apprehension follows "Wise men say only fools rush in but I can't help falling in love with you". When love reaches the threshold level, it tips over to her.
life off music on
"I've got a thing about you baby. 
Ain't nothing I can do. 
I've got a thing about you baby. 
A thing about lovin' you". 

The two fall for each other more and more every day.

"You make me so hot, make me wanna drop
You're so ridiculous, I can barely stop
I can hardly breathe, you make me wanna scream
You're so fabulous, you're so good to me"


After the few lovey dovey days pass "Well a hard headed woman, a soft hearted man been the cause of trouble ever since the world began" and sadly the lovers break up saying "And I'm so sick of love songs, so tired of tears, so done with wishing you were still here"  and to themselves "never mind I'll find someone like you" and eventually go to "Hey I just met you and this is crazy so here's my number so call me maybe".

Music touches just about every moment of our lives. So here I am presenting some emotions that can never be imagined without it.  


Wedding 

You expected this, didn't you? Music in parties is about dancing and having fun but we are talking specifically about wedding parties here. Music here assumes mystic powers and does wonders.


1. At least one person goes absolutely berserk without even getting drunk
2. 94% of the people do bhangra irrespective of the song
3. Some people are just waiting to be pulled onto the dance floor
4. Some are just waiting for someone to start dancing because going in first would be awkward
5. Apart from some admirers, rest just wish to comment on the dancers, "Dude she's hot", " Look at her! Haww!", "He knows just one step", "Sharma di kudi nu vekho saade Jeetu nu kive chipki jaandi e".

An Indian wedding isn't a family affair, it's a locality, town, state, country affair. Hence the music has to be blared across to the needy people dying without music systems. Their assignments, deadlines and sleep can obviously wait. 


Exams

The most tense situation in life when you have one eye on your watch, one on your paper and the third, the wisdom one on your neighbor's answer sheet. Your memory is full to the brim, your hand is writing 200 words per minute, your brain is overclocked to the blasting state but suddenly like a spoiled brat a neuron decides to have some fun. It plays the most idiotic song you've ever heard on repeat. Mind it, on repeat for freaking 3 hours that idiotic song buzzes in your head. It's like "Describe the process of photosyn.. beedi jalaiile jigar se piya jigar ma badi aag hai". You sometimes start smiling like an idiot and freak everyone around you "either he knows everything or absolutely nothing. In either case we are screwed."

Patriotism

After cursing my school for eating up my time meant for cricket, I would like to thank it for something I wouldn't have put to practice otherwise anywhere else. Dressed up in uniforms like soldiers, you would see a young brigade of double ponied girls and oiled hair boys singing "Vande Mataram" and "Jana Gana Mana" in almost perfect unison. They might well be the first well-rehearsed songs, one learns from beginning to end by heart. They seemed trivial then, but when you hear it in Lord's Cricket Ground at London before a match start or in an Olympic ceremony, you feel those goosebumps and your lips begin to follow the tune. 


Alone

People judge you by your clothes, body language, blog, twitter, Facebook, but your true identity is best expressed by the music you listen to when you're alone, may be travelling, waiting for someone, or lying on your bed. The songs you play in your car on a free long drive, which make you stay in even after you've reached your destination are special. Sometimes when you don't feel like talking to anyone, you plug those headphones in and listen to your favorite songs that you can actually relate to. When you can't go to people, go to music. 



Crush


Okay this is my favorite. We all have had crushes. I know you still have one. Ahan! I love that blush. I think those amazing lyricists too had crushes they wrote imagining about. The moment you see your crush somewhere you just wish to express everything in the most engaging way, how about "tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam pyaar hota hai deewana sanam". Curb your SRK dream lady, let me finish off the article. When you sing a song to your love, no matter you sound like Lata mangeshkar or Justin Beiber, you etch a memory on your partner's heart and soul for once and forever. It's the power of music and your love that combine to create that magical effect. Never felt that? I'll sing one for you.
And so do you implicitly.

I thank  HP Connected Music not only for this prompt to express my love for music but also for wonderful indiblogger meet at Hilton Garden Inn.


I have a prompt for you as well. Dedicate a song to your love, friend or partner in crime in the Facebook comment section below. Let's have a musical of our own. 

Share this: