Pages

Goodbye Mu Sigma

Finally! That's the word. Just like all innumerable good bye mails, here's mine. I am writing a blog because most of the people mentioned here have moved to greener pastures. I have a sense of dilemma regarding these good bye mails. I mean do the writers intend to say "kaise kahein alvida mehram" or are they like "o manu mera to ho gya ab tera kya hoga".

When you talk to that person, the first question you ask is "where are you going?". And when they answer something like Google or Facebook. You go through all stages of break up in a minute. 
Denial- "yaar iska kaise ho gaya"
Regret- "mujhe bhi 6 mahine pehle apply karna chahiye tha"
Anger- "bhai mai ghar ja raha hun, kheto me hal chalaane"
Sadness-"mujhe lagta hai mere resume directly spam me ja rahe hain"
Moving on- "arre mera pyaara dost, bhai jaate hi referral daal diyo"

We all have been on the worse side of this. Doesn't look that bad in retrospect. Anyway, I must shed some light on my journey. It started way before I joined Mu Sigma and I think it will continue way beyond this day. Around 11pm, I guess 23rd Feb 2013, I got my offer letter, the moment was precious. Before joining, I came across Facebook group Mu Sigma Freshers 2013 created by Saket. I made quite a few awesome friends there including but not limited to Ayush, Subhojit, Akanksha, Shounak, Vishwanath, Srishti, Shradha. We would share tiny details from cafeteria, lakes, coffee vending machine and free hot chocolate. 

I landed in Bangalore on 30th August 2013. Bangalore welcomed with cold wind and ankle high water. I was supposed to join office on 5th September but I came early so that I could find a suitable accommodation in time. To which Yogendra says, "ek flat nahi dekhne gya, 5 din sterling me baith ke bus Facebook karta raha". This way I met awesome 29th August batch people, Shubhendu, Shubham, Ashwin, Ashish, Protik, Amrita, Ahana, Aparajith and many more. I personally feel I belong more to 29th August batch than I belong to my 5th September one. 

I landed in a MSU batch which had 3 Malyalam evangelists and 1 Hindi speaker, my poor self. I still remember getting a call from Deepak on Sunday that our mentor wants to kill us. And we worked like crazy to create the presentation. Thanks Vinaya and Sachin for entertainment at expense of Deepak. That truly kept my motivation level up.

Post that Swedish House Mafia was brilliant experience too. Defining problems which we ourselves had no idea about. Talking to Ravish and Aditi in Hindi was an enlightening experience. Still remember Gaurav 'Kalam' Arora written on my desk because I always ended up saying "kalam hai?" when asking for a pen. Had a lot of fun with SHM team the boss, Rohan, Arshdeep, Kavya, Pratik, Ashish, Pavneet, Anoop, Hardeep and our oil well owner Abdul. 

Would also like to mention my first trek to Skandagiri with Pushkar, Ashwini and Akanksha. PFB some pictures. I fell in love with hills like fell literally. After my accident, although Mu Sigma management responded as ridiculously as it could, my colleagues truly kept my spirit high. Surbhi, Guneet, Karishma, Priyank and Amrita visited me almost daily when I was hospitalized. I and my family still can't thank you enough for your support, love and care. Goutham and ADG ensured that I handled a lot of office fuss for me. Truly indebted.





Flew back to Delhi, came back to Bangalore after a couple of months. Shifted to PSN. I belong more to 6016 than my own flat. Saini, look I wrote your name first. Bhai dunia ka akela banda hoga tu jo pyaar pyaar me R seekh gya. Bipin, bhai dilli chalo. Mojo, bhai elaichi wala paneer is the best I ever had. Kurju, launde sher hote hain. Gautam, antakshri champ hai launda. Akshit, hum bhi Gurgaon aa rahe hain bhai. Bansal, tanfeeth ka bataaya nahi yaar tune. Dera(Devansh), mera naam daal lio reimbursement me. 

I must put of record our super talented, enthusiastic and energetic Nautanki group. As Shashwat once said "hum jahan khade hote hain line wahin se shuru hoti hai". You have to be a veteran to remember the response to it. It was a great experience working with co-actors like Anubhav, Surag, Meeshu, Newbie, Khanjan, Shashi, Hitin, Chinmay, Nupoora, Amrita, Pavan, Harsharaj, Pranjal, Sushmita, Divya and Asad. Our expose performance mimicing key guys was legendary. Trust me the video will never be released.

I learned a lot during my transportation project. Varun thanks for accompanying me in office on my birthday till 6am. I know how much you appreciated me inside for that. Hope to see you in the US university jisme wo apki lambiwali gayi hai. Rohit sir, I learned a lot of management skills from you. I hope I can leverage them someday. Rajashekar, can't thank you enough for fixing my SAS and ccliisa issues. Bennett, you would remember me for long. Wait, "that's what she said". Apoorva, keep smiling like you always do, while I wonder how could you come back. How! Vichoo, if lives could be saved by Tableau, the ALs would declare you God. Aashish, we will meet in Delhi and crib and cuss together over coffee. Niyanta, would always be a big fan of your hairdo. Shreeya, wish you become next Indian idol. Chirag, all the best for CEO position. Shruti, thanks, KT really helped. It ruined my life perfectly. Manali, may the green tea business prosper with dedicated customers like you. Annesha, sunflower smile and sunflower color suit you. Vaishnavi, I know you can't hate me enough. Arun, I need to learn how to brainwash people. Piyush and Deepti, welcome to the account, hope you enjoy your stay here.

Asad, hope your wings don't get cut like your hair. Tanjul, hope you are having a great time at home. Ruchika, one day I wish you earn more by your paintings than your paycheck. Surbhi, become the best analyst of the universe and stay as good at heart as you always are! Dhadheech, all the best for your future(aur kuch samajh nahi aa raha). Guneet, now I know amusing things people say and do when drunk. Will miss our enlightening discussions while roaming with you, Akanksha, Hemant, Init, Karishma and Chourasiaji. Guneet(male), I always see you as a powerhouse and one of the very few who give a solid handshake. Shrutika, do become the best TT player of the planet. Nibedita, you exemplify sweetness of rossogulla. 

Finally since I will be leaving Bangalore, I would miss my poetry open mic group a lot. Anshul and Priya the contenders for next chairperson, Sanjay-the deputy, Paridhi-ministry of home(read PSN), Sudhanshu- law ministry, Prakhar, Gurdeep, hope you all keep it up. I keep getting messages asking for meetups, so let's keep what we built over time. Akshada, sorry I missed my piano lessons.

Pouring more nostalgia, I suddenly came across a poem about first job,  I wrote in March 2013. I will miss you for sure. 


Share this: